Get Messy | Season of Happy | Week 1

Welcome back to a new season of Get Messy Art Journaling. The first season for 2016 is called the Season of Happy. And I am very happy … happy that the season is about happiness, happy that I am a member of the Creative Team for 2016 and happy that you are all here to see my work.

Get Messy | Season of Happy

My first spread uses my favourite colour, and nothing else (except for the accidental blue splodges that kind of seeped through from my next page – ooops). Pink makes me happy, this shade in particular is bright and cheery and bring me great joy.

Get Messy | Season of Happy

Next, a quote from “Hector and the Search for Happiness”. I love making these pop art inspired water colour portraits. So fun and easy.

Get Messy | Season of Happy

And my last spread for the week is about my family … my one true love and the people I would never like to be away from. I started this page with an abstract background using my favourite colour combo. Then I made a continuous line drawing of my family – well I did accidentally lift my pen of the page a few times, but you get the idea. I also added some bubble wrap stamps and dark edging for contrast. Turned out OK I think.

Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now!

17 Comments

1. Meghan 5 February 2016

Wonderful!!!! So happy (teehee) to see what makes you happy. All the Get Messians have such different styles. It’s so much fun to see. Your fave colors are so different than mine and the variety is wonderful. I also love that we can begin to ‘know’ each other through our styles. (is Thursday the day for the Get Messy Habit posts?)

• tanyaleekahler@hotmail.com 5 February 2016

Thanks Meghan. Get Messy Habit can really be any day you choose. I’m sticking with Thursdays for now but that may change down the track.

• tanyaleekahler@hotmail.com 12 February 2016

Hi Meghan! Get Messy is a really wonderful group. So inspiring. Hope I get to know you better as well.

2. Emily@squiggleandswirl 5 February 2016

Just wonderful Tlee! I’m swooning over the pink page <3

• tanyaleekahler@hotmail.com 12 February 2016

Thanks Em. I love Pink.

3. Deb @ inner compass designs 5 February 2016

Love these and happy to have your blog in my feed now instead of just Instagram. Excited for the rest of get messy.

• tanyaleekahler@hotmail.com 12 February 2016

Thanks Deb

4. Torrie 6 February 2016

Tlee, your pages are always genius! I also love the Laura Blythman inspired cover – her work is drool-worthy! Also, your line drawing family is SO perfect! Love love love them. <3

• tanyaleekahler@hotmail.com 12 February 2016

Thanks Torrie. I still have another piece of the Laura Blythman paper. It’s beautiful.

5. Gilly Welch 6 February 2016

Yes loving your cover as well Tlee & was going to ask about it but can see Torrie knew already..will go and check her out! Didn’t try a line drawing but having seen yours will definitely give it a go, thanks.

6. tiffany julia 6 February 2016

What a great start! I love the cover of your book and your pages. That watercolor portrait is stunning! I too am happy for the new season. Can’t wait to see more!

• tanyaleekahler@hotmail.com 12 February 2016

Thanks Tiffany. I’m slightly obsessed with water colours.

7. Stephaniegab 6 February 2016

Love your pages, especialy your family draw! It’ so funny and vibrant!

8. Ann-Margaret Arnold 6 February 2016

I love your adorable family line drawing! Such fun! And, PINK always makes me happy, too! 🙂 What a great watercolor portrait! Happy to be getting messy with you…so excited to be part of the community this year!

• tanyaleekahler@hotmail.com 12 February 2016

Thanks Ann-Margaret! I love being a part of this group. It’s very inspiring.

9. Silvia 7 February 2016

Wonderful pages,
    every thing you draw has soul….

• tanyaleekahler@hotmail.com 12 February 2016

Oh thank you so much Silvia.