I had this idea for an Instagram art journal prompt seeing as though we are waiting for Get Messy 3.0 to begin. So this photo is my end result and here are the steps to making it:
- Tear paper and place randomly as a background. Glue it down. You could use washi for this as well.
- Slap on some texture or modelling paste to give texture.
- Add some water colour, acrylic paint or mists for colour.
- Splash on some ink/paint splatters.
- Stamp shapes or stamps for interest.
- Add a quote either with your own writing, with stamps or letter stickers.
- And your done.
Here are two pages I made using this technique – similar, but different. Its kind of become my go-to when I’m stuck for ideas.