Get Messy | New and Old Art Journals

Hi there

Thursday already and I wasn’t as prepared as I should have been. I’m holidaying in Melbourne this week and was supposed to write this post before I left. But I didn’t. My bad. So instead I am lying in my hotel bed typing on my phone. Thank goodness for technology – iPhones and the Internet.

Anyway, here are my layouts for this week.

IMG_5160.JPG

Weird doodles and washi tape!

And this is my very last mini journal page. My album is full!

IMG_5163.JPG

I have a new journal though – with pages made of recycled cotton. It’s gorgeous. I love it – so much that I’ll also share a sneak of my first page.

IMG_5147.JPG

Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Go check out these amazing pages creating by some crazy talented ladies who all have a unique perspective and style:

Hosts:

Participants:

10 Comments

1. Jossie 9 October 2014

Wow! You are awesome! I can never figure out how to write a post on my phone. I do like the watercolor pages! I also enjoyed the messages in them. I always need reminder to just go for it! Have a wonderful rest of your vacation!

2. Vanessa 10 October 2014

Yay for brand new journals!

3. Cody Doll 10 October 2014

WOW. I love that bubble page!! It’s so pretty. Also can’t wait to see more in your new journal.

4. Becky Kozak 10 October 2014

I love your new journal! And your very very pretty little book. I’m a bit sad to see the teeny tiny pages go! Have a great weekend! xo Bec

• tanyaleekahler 11 October 2014

I’m sad that it’s full as well. Maybe I’ll have to get another on sometime.

5. Lauren 10 October 2014

I am just always amazed at how much punch you pack in those tiny pages! Love that yellow circle! What kind of paint is it?

• tanyaleekahler 11 October 2014

Oh thanks Lauren. It’s just ordinary water colour paint. Windsor and Newtons.

6. Eliza 11 October 2014

ooooh. I was trying to pic a favorite page, but I can’t! I love them all 🙂 Anything colorful and with a positive message always gets me. I’m excited to see if the new journal will change the way you create. It looks a ways bigger than the one you’re currently using ^^

• tanyaleekahler 11 October 2014

Thanks Eliza. Positive messages are my go to at the moment. The new album is more than double the size. I think there might be a bit of white space on my pages.