Get Messy | Collage

Hi everyone – Get Messy time again.

I have to admit I was feeling the pressure of getting my journal pages done last week with all of posts in the Get Messy Facebook group. But I sat down on Saturday afternoon and things just flowed. My teeny tiny journal album is perfect for quick pages and batch processing. I know I keep going on about my small album but I really love it.

Anyhoo – onto my spread.

IMG_4708.JPG

I played around with texture past again. That stuff is so fun!

I’m not sure why but there is a bit of a crazy vibe coming from these pages. Not sure what happened there. But the results are cool I think. I really let my hair down and just went with it. No overthinking this one.

IMG_4709.JPG

IMG_4710.JPG

Next up is a little floral goodness.

IMG_4707.JPG

Magazine clippings, song lyrics and sharpie fine liners. Simple but I really love this combo.

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4704.JPG

See you all next week.

IMG_0307-1.JPG

Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Go check out these amazing pages creating by some crazy talented ladies who all have a unique perspective and style:

Hosts:

Participants:

10 Comments

1. Vanessa 19 September 2014

You had me at florals!

2. Eliza 19 September 2014

Love it all! Especially the page with the girl and the sneakers. Also, I keep trying to figure out exactly how small your journal is. It seems to be super tiny, but at the same time how on earth would you get so much detail in there ? 🙂

• tanyaleekahler 19 September 2014

Haha. It’s a 4×4 We R Memory Keepers album. Perfect size for me.

3. pagangaia 19 September 2014

I really need to follow suit and start a small journal. I think at times the sheer size of a two-page spread in my re-purposed school textbook journal is daunting and puts me off. I love your work however small it is! Tfs

4. Jossie 19 September 2014

Girl you make this tiny album appear huge! Your pictures are fab and still have so much detail. I have 3 albums at home and I’m afraid to get busy on them. Well done!

5. Cody Doll 19 September 2014

Thank you for getting that song stuck in my head. haha. Though I think your pages are great!! I love how through art journaling we find out feelings.

6. […] Messy Thursday. I came across this group and it just sounds like fun. I came across this post by Tanyalee on The Drawing Board that just caught my eye. Super cute. Love that stuff! I need to do more art and perhaps an online […]

7. Uncustomary Art 20 September 2014

I am *totally* into this “crazy” vibe you’ve got going! Keep letting your hair down, girl!

Uncustomary Art.

8. […] found this Get Messy Thursday challenge that looked intriguing to me. One thing that has been rattling around in my mind, […]