It’s the end of the month and it’s time to share my art journal prompt pages for August.
This months challenge was:
Journal challenge: Who are you? If you had one page to show the world who you are what would you put on it?
Art challenge: Use anything except an actual photo of yourself to make a self portrait.
At first I had no idea how to tackle this, but eventually decided on a collage from magazines of things I like and that describe me and my life.
Page one shows a few things that describe my life, and page 2 describes my most distinguishing feature – my red hair. Now I have to say, I am very sensitive about my red hair and really struggle with the many and varied nicknames I have been called over the years as a result but I decided to embrace it and have used the lyrics from a Tim Minchin song (view the video of this song here – it is a bit amusing but still makes me cringe just a bit).
I hope you enjoyed my take on the prompt. Check our some of the other ladies layouts here.
I have also prepared a couple of regular art journal layouts that I would like to share as well. The first two pages were inspired by my recent purchase of a set of aqua pens. The have changed my water colour world! My portrait of Robin Williams (may his soul rest in peace) is not very realistic – but is was fun just playing with water colour.
The left hand side page reflects the way I am feeling at the moment about some things that are happening on the work front for me. I really need to keep focussing on my One Little Word – ACCEPT.
The next set of pages was me playing with brush script and gauche – I am not that good at it, but it is good fun to try new things. It all comes back to my dislike of my handwriting. I need to ACCEPT it for what it is really – and as the quote says – embrace imperfection!
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Go check out these amazing pages creating by some crazy talented ladies who all have a unique perspective and style:
- Lauren (Lauren-Likes / Instagram)
- Caylee (Caylee Grey / Instagram)
- Sabine (Moments to Live For / Instagram)
- Olya (Paint Paper Studio / Instagram)
- Andrea (Create Share Love / Instagram)
- Sophie (Dear Sophie / Instagram)
- Vanessa (Vanessa Documented / Instagram)
- Ann-Mari (Instagram)
- Amanda (ACC Blog / Instagram)
- AshleyNicole (Pinecone Grove / Instagram)
- Carson (Pine & Plum / Instagram)
- Cindy (Serious Play / Instagram)
- Cody (Catching Cody K / Instagram)
- Delaney (Delaney Paige / Instagram)
- Eliza (ElizaEtc / Instagram)
- Elizabeth (Elizabeth Rosemond / Instagram)
- Erin (Title in Progress)
- Florence (Live Life and Create / Instagram)
- France (Banana Fish Studio / Instagram)
- Gracie (Instagram)
- Hannah (Hues of Grace / Instagram)
- Helen (Never Enought Time)
- Helena (The Queen of Collage)
- Jacqueline (Within My Lens / Instagram)
- Jennifer (Instagram)
- Jil (Instagram)
- Jodie (Polka Dot Creative / Instagram)
- Jossie (Craft a Lot / Instagram)
- Juli (Juli Does Things / Instagram)
- Julie (Pinterest)
- Kara (Sum of My Life / Instagram)
- Kathleen (Scattered Confetti / Instagram)
- Kelly (Faithacre Studio)
- Maria (Analog Paper / Instagram)
- Mary (Uncustomary / Instagram)
- Megan (Just Breathe / Instagram)
- Melissa (The Purl Stitch / Instagram)
- Michelle (Busy Weekends / Instagram)
- Nina (Nina is a Paper Nerd / Instagram)
- Olennka (olennka / Instagram)
- Sarah M (Lila Loves / Instagram)
- Sarah S (Tidbits, Tales & Tea / Instagram)
- Sarinah (bambii & dott / Instagram)
- Sharon (Instagram)
- Stephanie (Type Shy / Instagram)
- Tanyalee (The Drawing Board / Instagram)
- Tessa (How to Make Art / Instagram)
- Vanessa (Dans Mon Crâne / Instagram)
- Veronica (The Snowflake Faerie / Instagram)
- Violetta (erosdiscordia / Instagram)
- Vivian (Instagram)