My term on the Donna Downey Artist Gang has literally flown by. This is my second last tutorial to share, I can’t believe it!
For this tutorial project I decided to play with texture in my art journal. I went crazy with modelling paste, mark making tools, stencils, gesso, crackle paste, 3D gel and muslin. And then added the brightest coloured mists I had available to me.
The end result is quite a bright, fun and very textured page. And the words I used sum up my thoughts about everything that has happened for me in the last two or three years with my art journey. Just Follow Your Passion. You never know where it is going to take you.
- Hand-bound Art Journal
- Modelling Paste
- Donna Downey Artist Gang Stencil – Feathers
- Silicon brush
- Palette knife
- Mists (Heidi Swapp and Marabu)
- Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic (Paynes Grey)
- Heavy Gesso
- 3D Modelling Gel
- Liquitex Acrylic Ink (Gold and Black)
- Gold Crackle Paste
- Art and Possibilities Stamp
- Daniel Smith Water Colours (Transparent Pyrrole Orange)
- Art Alchemy Wax
I’ll be back in a few weeks with my final tutorial, I’m thinking it will need to have a Christmas theme. What do you think?